Wednesday, June 12, 2013

second peacock swirl with video?

So Today is the deadline to enter our post for the "Soap Challenge Club" is today. I love Amy Warden's challenges. I have done most of them even if I only posted links a few times. I always learn so much. On this challenge for me  the challenge was about the computer much more than the soap. Main computer can't get onto the web so I am on a laptop, not a big deal but all the pictures were already on the other computer. Got a bigger memory card for the camera and took a first video. (that probably won't get posted today, didn't know it took so long to upload. But enough about not soap, on with the challenge. So My first swirl I used Pink Chiffon, My daughter Tyler's requested sent. I used a slow moving formula using oils recommended by Amy. When I close my eyes and think about this sent in a swirl I saw pink,green,and yellow with just and accent of black running through the swirls.
These are the colors I chose to use. the two green gave me the color that I needed. I mixed my colors, aware that I wanted and needed less black than the other colors.
 I think I would like it a little closer to trace? maybe, maybe not. But I think less black was still too much, it doesn't show as too much black here but trust me I already know that I am not loving the color scheme.

Ready for the bamboo comb, right now it looks like it only needs more yellow and green; nope, need a lot less black. I don't get to do many things by myself and soaping isn't one of them. My son had
to drag the comb thorough the soap. At least he let me finish. He also took all the pictures while I soaped. He is eight, better to give him jobs he can do than have him underfoot while mixing the lye.
 

 
 
Here is the finished product. not too bad, I am very happy with it I just had less black in my imaginary soap.

 
 
 
 
 
So have to do a round two. This time we filmed it and maybe someday it will get uploaded.Isaac did have fun. With shouts of "and Action" and "Cut" What I needed was a camera filming the camera filming the soap, I had an audience of Lego nijago's under the camera. They needed to watch.
The second batch was scented with Tyme/Mint EO. Love the smell
I think that it will be very popular during cold season. What I learned on this second round is that I really need to invest in a wider range of color. I used two different shades of green, white and a small accent of red. which right now the red looks kinda pink. I think that it will look better in a few weeks
as it cures. the greens will darken as will the red.
All in All I can't wait for the next challenge. I have leaned so much. what scent color combo to try next?

 

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous that you make soap with your kids! :) I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post, and I think your soap looks so great - even if it didn't match the "imaginary one" in your head! (Happens to me all the time.) :)

    ReplyDelete