Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mantra swirl

It's challenge time again, this month Amy Warden of Great Cakes Soapworks has challenged us with the Mantra swirl.
    We had a little longer to make and post our photos but with the Fourth of July it didn't feel like extra time.
   I use a slow moving recipe, scented with patchouli EO, I think it accelerated trace a little. I was going for a purple and green with a hot pink stripe down the center. What I got is a green and brown with a peachy center. My purple morphed. I really need to stop procrastinating and order some colorants from the conservatory.

  
When I cut it was when I discovered that my soap should have been Thankfully I can express oil olive oil oil and oil are you back in the lab and I are downloaded this way don't know why you think it's too hard to a little more fluid, it didn't swirl as much as I would have liked.

I will defiantly be giving this another try. I am also going to go to Lowe's and get a piece of plexi glass to cut to fit my mold so that I can wash and reuse the devider.
 Thank you Amy.

3 comments:

  1. brown pink and green is fine too. the color combo , is great, even if it is not what is wanted. the swirl is well defined on the top of the soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely be proud of your efforts!! Sorry your colorants didn't behave - in addition to The Conservatorie you can get some good ones from TKB Trading or Brambleberry - or Nature's Garden! I just discovered their "FUN soap colorants" - pre-mixed with glycerin for easy application.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you learned something that's what matters! Well done!

    Maitri
    http://maitribathbody.com

    ReplyDelete